Saturday 2 August 2014

Guardians Of The Galaxy - Movie Review

Is it possible to have separation anxiety from a film?

I will look at Guardians of the Galaxy, in much the same way as I look at Dr Who, They both have their flaws, but deep down inside of me, they seem to muster a child like sense of glee that seeps into my bones.

Which is why it's hard for me to be objective in my review, but'll try.

On second thought... F**k that.

Guardians is a lovable Sci-Fi film of biblical proportions that made me fall in love with the characters and setting. And just has a intoxicating personality.

Explaining why I fell in love is a bit more difficult, its most probably due to all the assets of this movie, e.g. soundtrack, style, humour etc, coming together so well to create a universe that's just so fun and enjoyable.

Well lets get into the nitty gritty, The Guardians themselves are played pretty perfectly, with each of the characters bringing something unique to the table, with the whole cast being standout. Special mention must go to Batista who's stilted delivery perfectly suits his ultra literal character.

All in all, their character quirks and their chemistry, mean that this ramshackle gang rouges become very endearing.
The films style and colour is also a great, adding a sense of personality to everything.

To be honest I don't really want to talk about anything more. Because I don't really  want to spoil anything.

There are some flaws, the story is still a magical mcguffin plot, the villain lacks a real personality that would make him memorable, and I wanted it to be longer to flesh thing out a bit more. But I don't really care because I enjoyed it too much.


Overall, Guardians is everything I wanted it to be, and in the end I just want more. It creates a world that I just want to immerse myself in and have a little swim about in. With the films tone and heart making it instantly endearing. Its the perfect example of a Films personality being so infectious and lovable. Look past the faults and I'm sure you'll get Hooked.

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment